Squats are easy to perform and useful exercises for both men and women. They help to perfectly work out the muscles of our body, become stronger and more enduring, and also improve blood circulation in the entire pelvic area, and perfectly affect the pelvic organs, preventing blood stasis, which is very useful for all men over 40. Regular exercise of the squats will allow you to build up leg muscles, hips, buttocks, improve your stamina and will benefit the body as a whole.
Squats can be considered cardio training, as a result of which they greatly affect the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk of heart problems. They perfectly strengthen the muscles of the back, which are responsible for supporting the spine and promote even posture. Also, during the squats, a group of abdominal muscles is involved, which helps strengthen the abs. Squats are also an excellent exercise for burning body fat and promote muscle growth, squats work well on the knee and hip joints, reducing the risk of injuries, which is also a problem for many people after 50. There are several different types of squats, today we will consider the simplest and most effective ones.
Squat program. WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF SQUATS?
Powerlift squats, which mean squats no lower than the parallel. With this exercise, you can quickly bring your hips and buttocks into excellent shape.
Weightlifting squats – characterized by the deepest squats. This kind of exercise involves a large number of muscles, since squats need to be done as low as possible.
Bodybuilding Squats – Squats above the parallel. Hips work here to a greater extent.
In addition, there are different types of squats, which also differ in execution technique.
Squat progression: what are the main types of squats and how to perform them correctly
- Classic squat. Take the starting position: feet on the width of the pelvis, arms along the body. On inspiration, gradually take the pelvis back, while bending the legs at the knees until a right angle is formed. As you exhale, slowly return to starting position.
- Russian squat. Starting position: hands on the waist, legs slightly wider than the shoulders, socks should be turned outward. The technique is exactly the same as with classic squats.
- Narrow squats. Starting position: hands along the body, feet together. Technique of execution, as with classic squats. This exercise perfectly strengthens the outer thigh, gluteus maximus, and the quadriceps femoris.
- Squat curtsy. Starting position: legs crossed. Inhale, pull the pelvis back a little, while the legs should be bent at the knees to the level of a right angle. Try to keep the weight on the leg that is in front, the heel of the hind leg should not touch the floor. Exhale and assume the starting position. In this exercise, the main emphasis is on the gluteus muscle.
- Squats “balance.” Starting position: one of the heels is in the air, that is, raised up. Inhale, pull the pelvis back a little, bend your knees to the level of a right angle. Try to fully maintain your weight on the leg that is on the floor. Exhale and assume the starting position. Change the order of the legs. This exercise significantly increases the load on the body.
- Pistol squats. Starting position: one leg is bent at the knee in weight, the other on the floor. For convenience, you can hold the back of the chair with one hand. Straighten your free leg while squatting. Exhale and assume the starting position. This exercise also significantly increases the load.
- Squats “swallow”. Starting position: repeats the previous exercise completely. Inhale, the supporting leg should be bent at the knee, and the free one should be taken back as much as possible, while the body must be tilted forward. Exhale and assume the starting position. Such an exercise also entails additional load, but there is more emphasis on the extensor muscles of the back.
- Squats with a jump. Starting position: place your feet shoulder width apart. Inhale, then bend your knees. Exhale, with legs extended, jump up. It is important to note that as soon as the legs touch the floor again, start the exercise from the beginning. Squats with a jump are good for developing explosive strength, as well as significantly increasing the intensity of training. Squats with a jump significantly increase the total load on the muscles of the body.
- Squat with legs apart. Starting position: feet together. You need to stretch your legs apart in a jump and after your feet touch the floor, bend to the right angle of the leg at the knees. Then repeat this exercise again without stopping 15-20 times.
- With a burden. This exercise contributes to the excellent growth of muscle tissue and the strengthening of the body due to the fact that it uses a huge group of muscles at the same time, dumbbells are used as weights, or in their absence a backpack or bag filled with something.
To some extent, the level of load depends on the position of the hands.
The simplest is when the hands are in front, while the hands are folded into a lock. In this position, it is easiest to maintain balance and maintain balance.
Hands on the waist. This is a little more complicated than the previous option, since here stabilizer muscles also begin to work.
Hands crossed on shoulders. Muscle stabilizers also work here.
Elbows to the side, hands behind the head. It is important to keep an eye on your elbows. With this implementation, the load on the heart increases.
Straight arms pointing up – one of the most difficult situations. In this position, a special load is placed on the heart, upper shoulder girdle, and also the extensor muscles of the back.
Start crouching at a young age in order to feel perfectly even when it is time for maturity.